Many substance abuse disorders are fatal if left untreated. Just like other chronic diseases, addiction tends to worsen if allowed to progress. Therefore, the sooner someone seeks help from a rehab center, the better her chances are for getting sober and regaining a stable, healthy life. Treatment may yield the following benefits:
- Expert oversight during detox
- Access to group and individual counseling
- Support for family and loved ones
- Relapse prevention coaching
- Comprehensive medical evaluation
Many people mistakenly think that they do not need rehab, but they miss a chance to address the problem before it creates psychological, physical, spiritual and emotional damage. Some users avoid treatment because they will not admit that they have a problem, or they hope it will go away on its own. However, addiction rarely disappears. Breaking its hold takes commitment, strong action and the backing of a supportive team.
Ambien Rehab: Six Tips for Success
Treatment for Ambien addiction is a personal experience, but the following six tips can help you choose a rehab center that will help you recover:
- Length of stay matters – Programs that last a minimum of 90 days are most effective. Among other benefits, longer stays allow newly sober individuals time to form new habits, like attending support group meetings, going through therapy and building sober friendships that encourage recovery.
- Traveling for treatment may be smart – Going out of town for rehab can distance users from toxic relationships, and it can remove distractions from recovery
- Get personalized care – The most effective treatment plans are highly individualized
- Ask questions about family involvement – Support from family and friends is crucial to maintaining sobriety. For your loved ones to benefit your recovery, they need to be well informed and supported during your rehab stay. They need programs and education as you do.
- Holistic approaches are best – To stay sober, most addicts need new lifestyles that address unmet spiritual, physical and emotional needs. Inquire about nutritional counseling, fitness options, spiritual guidance and other ways a treatment center may take care of the entire person.
- Don’t let finances stand in your way of recovery – Although rehab can be pricey, there are many ways to pay for it. Most centers offer free advice to help people secure realistic payment plans.
Over time, addiction strips people of support, security, safety and all forms of health. Rehab stops that insidious progression, because it provides an influx of resources, like medical attention and counseling.
Help for Ambien Addiction
If you or someone you love struggles with Ambien addiction, know that help is available. Admissions coordinators at our toll-free, 24 hour helpline can guide you to recovery, so do not go it alone when help is just one phone call away. You never have to go back to a life of addiction if you call our staff now.